An environment is the natural world which surrounds the earth and makes a particular geographical area in which human beings, animals, plants and other living and non-living things exist.
Essay on Environment
A clean environment is very necessary to live a peaceful and healthy life. But our environment is getting dirty day by day because of some negligence of human beings. It is an issue which everyone must know about especially our kids. Use following Environment Essay for your kids and children to help them in completing their school project or essay writing competition. Following Essay on Environment are written using very simple word and easy to understand English Language so that your children can easy understand it.
Environment Essay 1 (100 words)
An environment is the natural surroundings which help life to grow, nourish and destroy on this planet called earth. Natural environment plays a great role in the existence of life on earth and it helps human beings, animals and other living things to grow and develop naturally. But due to some bad and selfish activities of the human beings, our environment is getting affected. It is the most important topic that everyone must know how to protect our environment to keep it safe forever as well as ensure the nature’s balance on this planet to continue the existence of life.
Environment Essay 2 (150 words)
As we all are well familiar with the environment, it is everything which surrounds us naturally and affects our daily lives on the earth. Everything comes under an environment, the air which we breathe every moment, the water which we use for our daily routine, plants, animals and other living things, etc around us. An environment is called healthy environment when natural cycle goes side by side without any disturbance. Any type of disturbance in the nature’s balance affects the environment totally which ruins the human lives.
Now, in the era of advance living standard of the human being, our environment is getting affected to a great extent by the means of air pollution, noise pollution, deforestation, water pollution, soil pollution, acid rain and other dangerous disasters created by the human beings through technological advancement. We all must take an oath together to protect our natural environment to keep it safe as usual forever.
Environment Essay 3 (200 words)
Environment means all the natural surroundings such as land, air, water, plants, animals, solid material, wastes, sunlight, forests and other things. Healthy environment maintains the nature’s balance as well as helps in growing, nourishing and developing all the living things on the earth. However, now a day, some manmade technological advancement spoiling the environment in many ways which ultimately disturbs the balance or equilibrium of nature. We are keeping our lives in danger as well as existence of life in future on this planet.
If we do anything in wrong way out of the discipline of nature, it disturbs the whole environment means atmosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere. Besides natural environment, a man made environment is also exists which deals with the technology, work environment, aesthetics, transportation, housing, utilities, urbanization, etc. Man made environment affects the natural environment to a great extent which we all must be together to save it.
The components of the natural environment are used as a resource however it is also exploited by the human being in order to fulfill some basic physical needs and purpose of life. We should not challenge our natural resources and stop putting so much pollution or waste to the environment. We should value our natural resources and use them by staying under the natural discipline.
Environment Essay 4 (250 words)
An environment includes all the natural resources which surround us to help in number of ways. It provides us better medium to grow and develop. It gives us all things which we need to live our life on this planet. However, our environment also need some help from all of us to get maintained as usual, to nourish our lives forever and to never ruin our lives. The elements of our environment are declining day by day because of the man made technological disaster.
We need to maintain the originality of our environment to continue the life on the earth, the only place where life is possible till now in the whole universe. World Environment Day is a campaign being celebrated for years every year on 5th of June in order to spread the public awareness all over the world towards the environment safety and cleanliness. We must participate in the campaign celebration to know the theme of celebration, to know ways of saving our environment and to get aware about all the bad habits which declining the environment day by day.
We can save our environment in very easy manner with the little step taken by every person on the earth. We should reduce the amount of waste, throwing wastes properly to its place only, stop using poly bags, reuse some old things in new ways, repair and use broken things instead of throwing it away, see how much it would take to repair them, use rechargeable batteries or renewable alkaline batteries, make use of fluorescent light, rain water conservation, reduce water wastage, energy conservation, minimum use of electricity, etc.
Environment Essay 5 (300 words)
An environment is gifted by the nature to nourish the life on the earth. Everything which we use to continue our lives comes under the environment such as water, air, sunlight, land, plants, animals, forests and other natural things. Our environment plays a very significant role in making possible the existence of healthy life on the earth. However, our environment is getting worse day by day because of the manmade technological advancement in the modern era. Thus, environmental pollution has become the biggest problem we are facing today.
Environmental pollution is affecting our daily lives negatively in various aspects of life such as socially, physically, economically, emotionally and intellectually. Contamination of the environment brings lots of diseases which human being may suffer whole life. It is not a problem of community or city, it is a worldwide problem which cannot be solved by the effort of one. If it is not addressed properly, it may end the existence of life a day. Each and every common citizen should involve in the environmental safety programme launched by the government.
We should correct our mistakes and selfishness towards our environment to make healthy and safe from the pollution. It is hard to believe but true that only a little positive movements by everyone may bring a huge change in the declining environment. Air and water pollution is leading our health on danger by causing various diseases and disorders. Nothing can be said healthy now a day, as what we eat is already affected by the bad effects of artificial fertilizers which reduces and weakens our body immunity to fight disease causing microorganisms. That’s why, anyone of us can be diseased anytime even after being healthy and happy.
So, it is a major worldwide issue which should be solved by the continuous efforts of everyone. We should participate in the World Environment Day campaign to actively participate in the environment safety event.
Environment Essay 6 (400 words)
All the natural things which makes life possible on the earth includes under an environment like water, air, sunlight, land, fire, forests, animals, plants, etc. It is considered that earth is the only planet in the universe having required environment for the life existence. Without environment we cannot guess life here so we should keep our environment safe and clean to ensure the life possibility in future. It is the responsibility of each and every individual living on the earth worldwide. Everyone should come forth and join the campaign for environment safety.
There are various cycles which happen regularly between environment and living things to maintain the nature’s balance. However, by any means if such cycles gets disturbed, nature’s balance also gets disturbed which ultimately affects the human lives. Our environment helps us and other forms of existence to grow, develop and flourish on the earth for thousands of years. As human beings are considered as the most intelligent creature made by the nature on the earth, they have lots of eagerness to know things in the universe which lead them towards the technological advancement.
Such technological advancement in everyone’s life put the life possibilities on the earth in danger day by day as our environment is destroying gradually. It seems that one day it becomes so harmful for life as the natural air, soil and water are getting polluted. Even it has started showing its bad effects on the health of human being, animal, plants and other living things. Artificially prepared fertilizers by using harmful chemicals are spoiling the soil which indirectly getting collected into our body through the food we eat daily. Harmful smokes created from the industrial companies on daily basis are polluting the natural air which affects our health to a great extent as we breathe it every moment.
In such busy, crowded and advanced life we must take care of such types of small bad habits on daily basis. It is true that only a small effort by the end of everyone can bring a major positive change towards our declining environment. We should not use the natural resources in wrong ways for just our selfishness and fulfil our destructive wishes. We should grow and develop science and technologies for the betterment of our lives but always be sure that it would not ruin our environment in future in anyways. We should be sure that new technologies would never disturb the ecological balance.
All the environment essay given above are written by the professional content writer under various words limit to help students. All the essay on environment are written very simply so that students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc can easily learn and successfully use in exam or essay writing competition. We have provided environment essays under the category of environmental issues. You can get essay on other environmental issues under same category such as:
Speech on Environment
Slogans on Environment
World Environment Day
Essay on Pollution
Global Warming Essay
Essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Save Trees Essay
The earth is a giant ecosystem that deserves our protection. Without our environment, we would be unable to thrive as humans. It’s up to each of us to do our part to help protect the environment. Any time you can reduce the amount of water you use, save on using gasoline, reduce the use of electricity, prevent items from going into landfills or save on natural resources, you help protect the environment in important ways.
- Compost food leftovers instead of throwing them away or sending them down the garbage disposal, which needs water and electricity to run. You can then use the compost for your garden.
- Walk or ride a bicycle to work or to run errands instead of driving a car or motorcycle, which both use gasoline and emit carbon monoxide into the air.
- Utilize the dishwasher instead of washing dishes by hand. Doing so saves water. You’ll save 23 gallons of water and 1.5 kilowatts of energy for every 12 place settings washed.1
- Start a small backyard vegetable garden. You’ll save multiple car trips to the grocery store for common and easy to grow items like zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, onions, potatoes, scallions and garlic.
- Grow an indoor herb garden in your kitchen window. Snip the herbs as needed to keep your herb plants growing indefinitely. You’ll save using gas on trips to the grocery store for last minute fresh ingredients like basil, thyme, oregano and sage.
- Use hand blending instead of using an electric blender whenever you need to blend ingredients together. Blenders use 640 watts of energy for every 3 minutes of use.2
- Turn off your hot tub when not in use or get rid of it altogether. Hot tubs use a continuous supply of power, even when you keep it on the lowest setting.3
- Install a low-flow toilet to replace your standard toilet. You’ll save up to seven gallons per flush from a regular toilet.4
- Volunteer with a conservation group such as Greenpeace. Greenpeace relies on volunteers and professionals around the world to make a difference. 5
- If you don’t have the resources to volunteer your time, you can donate money or environmental and conservation groups like the World Wildlife Fund or World Nature Organization.6
- Lead the fight for conservation efforts in your own community. Lobby your local town hall for better environmental practices throughout local neighborhoods.
- Have a beehive on your property. Bumblebees are dying across the country due to heavy use of pesticides. If you don’t have your own land, consider asking a local farmer or other landowner if you can have a beehive on their property. Growers will welcome having plentiful bees to pollinate their plants.7
- Spot clean clothes instead of throwing them in the washing machine every time a little spill happens. You’ll end up washing fewer loads over time.
- Have a grey water system installed on your property. A grew water system reuses the water from sinks and washing machines and diverts it to the garden where you can use the water for irrigation or washing garden equipment, cars, grills, etc. 8
- Use your own reusable bags for every shopping trip. You’ll cut down on the manufacture and use of plastic bags, which end up in our oceans and landfills. 9
- An hour before bedtime, switch from electric lighting to candlelight. That’s a savings of seven hours of electricity use each week, plus the candlelight will be more conducive to a good night’s sleep.
- Resist the temptation to buy every new gadget that hits the market. New gadgets usually use electricity, and the more you own, the more energy you’ll waste.
- Recycle electronics instead of throwing them away. Programs that recycle electronics may even pay you to do so. 10.
- Consider a cremation instead of a funeral with a casket. Caskets use up precious wood and the varnish and other preservatives used in a traditional funeral end up in the soil and groundwater.11
- Use soap nuts for laundry instead of buying laundry detergent. Soap nuts come from the Sapindus tree, and contain natural surfactants that are effective, yet harmless to the environment. 12
- Allow hair to air dry instead of using a blow dryer every time you wash your hair. Not only is it better for your tresses; you’ll save on electricity use.
- Use your consumer spending power to support companies that actively help the environment, like Scott brand of Kimberly-Clark, which sells bathroom tissue. The company plants trees to replace ones used for paper manufacturing, offers a 20% recycled paper version of toilet tissue, and has a coreless bathroom tissue product. 13
- Eat more raw food items like salads and crudités. Cooking using energy and water.
- Cook a week’s of meals in one day. Cooking one dish for an hour takes up a lot more energy than cooking an entire roast or entire menu in the oven during that same hour.
- Encourage your family to eat meals together. If all family members are eating on individual schedules, that’s more microwaving, more baking, more refrigerator door openings than if everyone eats at a set time and multiple meals are made at one time.
- If you live alone, consider not flushing the toilet every time you urinate, or at least every other time. Doing so will save gallons of water from every flush.14
- Consider second uses before you throw anything away that will end up in the landfill. Onions bags can be used to scour the sink. Bread ties can be used to control electrical cords. Large plastic bags can be used to line wastebaskets. Paper bags can be used to store leftovers in the fridge.
- Buy only the amount of paint you’ll need to finish a project. If you do end up with leftover paint, donate it to a place like Habit for Humanity or a local school or community center.
- Invest in a home water filter and use tap water to fill up glass or stainless steel water bottles instead of buying and drinking bottled water.
- Set up rain barrels in the backyard to capture rainfall. Use the water to wash garden equipment or for irrigation of your lawn and garden.
- Throw on a sweater and wooly socks instead of turning up the heat in winter.
- Replace light curtains with heavy thermal drapery in cold months to keep warmth inside the house.
- On hot days, clean shutters closed to help keep the house cool so you don’t have to rely so much on air conditioning.
- Unplug the TV and other appliances that create a slow electricity drain with LED lights that are constantly on. You don’t need to know the time on your cable box while you’re sleeping.
- Invest in a plentiful supply of cotton kitchen towels and rely on them to clean up countertops and spills instead of buying an incessant supply of paper towels.
- Consider buying a reel mower to cut your grass instead of a gasoline or electric-powered mower. Reel mowers use nothing but muscle to get the job done, plus cut down on noise pollution.
- Buy from local farmers whenever possible. The cost to the environment on transporting and refrigerating foods across the country’s highways is massive. 15
- Boycott the use of pesticides on your property. These poisons enter the soil and groundwater, and end up killing the soil nutrients. Instead, rely on natural gardening techniques to keep weeds and pests at bay.16
- Don’t buy individually wrapped items like candies, cookies and medicine. The more wrapping, the more the environment is harmed.
- Use manual tools instead of electric whenever possible. Ban the drill and opt for a screwdriver instead. Use a hand saw instead of miter saw or chain saw.
- Replace a battery or electric powered alarm clock with an old-fashioned wind up model. It will work just as well without using up energy.
- Buy products with less packaging. The more natural fruits and vegetables you buy, the less packaging will be involved. Buying in bulk will also cut down on packaging materials.
- Place produce directly into your shopping cart or into personal reusable bags instead of pulling a produce plastic bag from the dispenser every time.
- Use twine and fabric to wrap and tie gifts instead of paper printed wrapping paper and cellophane tape.
- Commit to using washable diapers instead of disposable diapers. Diapers take up a lot of space in the landfills.17
- Get rid of carpet in the home so you never have to run an electric vacuum again. Instead, use a broom and/or mop to keep floors clean. For smaller area rugs, use a manual carpet sweeper.
- Make recycling easy in your home. Place dedicated recycling receptacles everyplace where waste is; in the bathroom, home office, bedrooms and kitchen. Remember that paper tissue is recyclable, as is most office paper waste, including shredded paper.
- Keep a list of recyclable materials posted on the inside of a kitchen cabinet door for family members to refer to. Common items like plastic bags, aluminum foil, paperboard liners, and beer tops are easily recycled, yet many people forget to do so.
- Have the kids ride bikes to school and jobs instead of taking the bus or driving. Extra bus stops mean more fuel expended, and every time the car is driven, gasoline is used.
- Make one night a week a “no-device” night. Turn off electrical devices and play a board game, tell stories or go for a family walk.
If each person does their part to help protect the environment for future generations, then we can turn around what has become a hazardous situation. Your efforts to protect the environment don’t have to be on a grand scale. No one is asking you to sacrifice your lifestyle or comfort. These 50 ways that you can help can all be done by anyone, no matter your economic status or living situation. The best part is, you won’t even notice a difference in your daily life; but the world will notice because the environment will become better, little by little. It’s not too late.
About Michael Bennett
Michael Bennett is Editor-in-Chief of Consumer Protect.com. Since 1999, he's worked across a multitude of areas of consumer protection including defective products, environmental issues, identity theft, predatory lending and more. If you find his articles helpful please share them with your readers.
View all posts by Michael Bennett →